Thursday, June 25, 2015

Three Sherwoods went to Japan

Bicycle, Akasaka
The idea of a trip to Japan with my Mum and my sister first came up a few years ago, and we talked idly about it a few times but never really came up with a plan or a schedule. Until the day a clever someone found us an amazing deal with a budget airline and it was too good an opportunity to miss.

In our first few days in Tokyo we marveled at everything.

We admired the lack of rubbish and the amount of greenery everywhere in very urban areas which we expected to be a concrete jungle.

P6050299 greenery

P6050276 e

We also admired the space-saving carparks.

P6050307 carpark

We walked past a whole lot of dried fish. There was a strong aroma.

P6050308 dried fish We picked out a few different districts to explore, some with more success than others. Shimokitazawa provided a very pleasant half day of wandering, taking photos and of course op/vintage shopping. (Sherwoods can't resist an op shop.) P6060354 flamingo P6060384 Shimo P6060389 P

5 comments:

Sheeprustler said...

I have really enjoyed your Facebook posts about this amazing holiday, looking forward to further blog posts too!

Ted said...

How clean and ordered.

Wens said...

Oh I love your pictures from Japan! Makes me miss it so! I've been 3 times and would happily go many more! Thanks for the lovely photos!

Donna Lee said...

Japan is (almost quite literally) on the other side of the world for me. I've always been fascinated by it and like you, expected a concrete jungle. Look at all the plants!

I love a good thrift shop myself and I'm sitting here trying to imagine a Japanese thrift shop.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous photos! We found just getting off amazing suburbs on our walk to and from stations to get somewhere else (like when we walked to studio ghibli from the station - bird cafes and delightful canals)