Thursday, April 17, 2014

Monday pictures from Womadelaide

489 roo and friend

This couple were dancing and posing for photos and they gathered quite a crowd of children and photographers. He had the most amazing kangaroo costume.

501 roo

347 Airileke
PNG/Australian-based Airileke, and band. They had a big "Free West Papua" banner at the front of the stage.

397 Breabach

For me, this year's festival was a little low on the accordions and fiddles count but Scottish folk group Breabach made it all ok. Two sets of bagpipes. Oh, yeah.

396 Breabach

437 Breabach

And then to finish the whole weekend on a serious high point, my first Billy Bragg gig. Which I totally loved. He is touring with a country band, which is right up my alley. I will definitely have to check out the current album.

530 Mr Bragg

No comments: