Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Tracing lazy circles in the sky

029_edit

This is a pinwheel baby blanket for a new little friend. I had leftover Lincraft Bamboozle from this top, which had the perfect colours for this project. (I didn't measure it, but I did throw in a stunt hat for scale.)

047_edit

There wasn't enough of it left though, and I thought about including stripes of a different colour - it comes in a plain red that would look good with this pink-orange combo - but I as I knit it, I decided it would be better kept simple.

051_edit

The original yarn was bought years ago, and even though Lincraft still makes this colourway, it was almost certain that the dyelot of the new stuff i bought would be different, and would look different. It seemed really obvious to me that in the new yarn (the outer circles from about halfway) the pink/reddish colours were much darker and brighter, though the orange was the same. I don't think you can tell in these photos, and the knitting friends I showed it to didn't find it noticeable in real life either. I actually thought it looked fine anyway. I think you can get away with a lot in a circular blanket. It's not nearly as bad as your jumper changing colour halfway down!

2 comments:

Taphophile said...

I love the brightness for a wee one. So much more entertaining than pastels.

Also, how did the pumpkins go? I couldn't get to the event because of work.

Anonymous said...


this is beautiful... lucky littlte one. I hope it ends up in the pass it 0n for generations box. ily ma