Thursday, December 02, 2010

undecided

clear thread

For this one I used a clear sewing thread (like fishing line but finer). I thought this would emphasise the transparent look and help the wool to show through more. But I'm not sure. It looks less sparkly/shiny, but I don't think that could be down to the thread; I think that is just the photography. I don't have one of the first batch here to compare directly.

I'd love to find more clear sequins equal to the quality of the ones I used here (2nd picture). I don't know where they came from, they had been in my bead stash for a while. The clear ones I bought to replace them and have been using for these pears are not as shiny and many have uneven edges or the hole is not in the centre. Of course (once I pick out the rejects), I do still like the overall effect.

3 comments:

NessaKnits said...

Beautiful wool!

Donna Lee said...

Hard to decide. I like the first batch better. But, the second ones are pretty too.

Denise said...

Hmm, I think I like the first ones better too, they look more white ... but the clear thread is effective too!