Saturday, July 31, 2010

I bet that they still close their eyes and I bet they sing along

unmatched buttons
I recently finished Tora FrØseth's Sweetheart. I surprised myself a bit by liking this pattern: I wouldn't usually go for something so obviously cute with all the little hearts. But it is a really clever pattern with the hearts containing the increases for the yoke shaping, and I think the green colour tones down the saccharine factor to just the right amount of sweetness for my sweet little niece.
sweetheart
The buttons are three mismatched ones courtesy of mum's button collection (mine is just a fledging collection compared to the the motherlode).
back yoke
I only made one tiny modification, adding a single heart on the hem. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to do it in the round so I knit the hem back and forth and that means there is a seam which is not really invisible. No, it's not in this photo. Oh well. I think it was worth it.
heart hem
My sister popped it on to Miss B as soon as I gave it to her. It fits nicely even over her hip spica cast - but that comes off in less than a week anyway.
modelled

9 comments:

2paw said...

Oh it's gorgeous and I love the hearts and the green!!!

Rose Red said...

It is too cute! And I love the addition of the heart in the hem, very sweet!

m1k1 said...

"motherlode" - going into my vocabulary now.

and of course i'm echoing the comments above. so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. I also loved that comment about the motherlode. ily ma

Bron said...

its really lovely liv!

Donna Lee said...

I love it. I like the hearts and the one on the hem is the perfect touch.

DrK said...

its just perfect olivia. really really beautiful.

Emma said...

Very pretty, especially the little heart on the bottom hem.

Alwen said...

Aw, that is cute! And look at her admiring her cute self in the mirror!