Wednesday, November 29, 2006

But I can walk much faster than this

I don't think I'll have the luxury of taking a week off before Christmas like I did last year. But today was a marvellous day, a day spent much like that week was. Basically, watching/listening to DVDs all day while knitting. This time the TV-on-DVD accompanying the creative frenzy is... wait for it... Beverly Hills 90210. Awesome. So addictive. There is a lot of stuff I want to make before Christmas and time is inevitably going to move so fast.


Here's an old-school brown paper parcel I received the other day. Oh yes, it contained wool. I had a funny visit to Wondoflex in Melbourne, where before I was even half way around the huge shop I stumbled into some kind of rack protruding on the floor and cut my toe. It was no big deal, I returned after going outside to apply bandaids, and bought a couple of miscellaneous balls of wool. But it really coloured my memory of that store. When I recently decided I needed some more of that wool, preferably in the same dyelot, and I found that they had an online store, it made sense to order from them.

Look at that cute crumpled package! How can I hold onto that funny/bad feeling? Toe's all better now! Better yet, they enclosed $1.20 in change, as the postage was only $3.80 and the site had automatically charged me $5 for postage. They could easily have kept that as a handling charge (though I guess I might then have expected a postpack of some sort). There was something very touching about the two coins stickytaped to the receipt.

8 comments:

Taphophile said...

That old-fashioned service is very reassuring somehow. So, what's the yarn?

Anonymous said...

I love packages... the thought of that taped change makes me smile.

Olivia said...

Heirloom argyle sock wool (green). The first ball was purchased with probably non-sock thoughts. Now I know, but can't say (yet) what it is destined to become.

Bron said...

oooh Beverly Hills 90210!
I'm lusting after that at the moment (trying to watch what I have first - maybe I'll wrap it and put it under the tree for myself!)
I wasn't really into it when it was first on TV, but when I lived in Denmark they were repeating the early seasons at about 4pm week days, and my host brother and I used to run to get home in time =)

I love getting packages too =)

Bells said...

just what I need, another online store....he he. thanks for that!

And very cute old fashioned service. Warms the cockles of my heart. :-)

Bells said...

and very exciting to have BH90210 on DVD. That would be a blast!

Anonymous said...

I like your new format - please tell me that it 'just' happened because I have been working long hours and fear for my sanity.

Olivia said...

Yep j, template changes only happened on the weekend. There might be some more tweaks to come.